Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Meet the Characters - An Interview with Janice from “Explorations” by David Russell

Today we’re talking to Janice, from “Explorations,” a contemporary romance novel by David Russell. Welcome, Janice, let’s get started.


How old are you?
37

What is your relationship status?
Divorced

When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
An admirer’s idealized vision of me

What is people’s first impression of you?
Someone shy and sensitive, but passionate

What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
I hope some memory of me lives on

Now on to something lighter, what is your favorite drink?
Pure apple juice

What is your favorite food?
Lentils, spinach and chick peas

What is your favorite song?
‘Undress Me’ by Anggun

What was your first impression of (his/her love interest)?
Throbbing chemistry

If we could only hear your voice (but not see you) what characteristic would identify you? Reflective delicacy

What would you most like to forget?
Past mistakes, having upset some people

If you could go back in time, what one thing would you change in your life?
My reticent character

Are you close to family?
Only very tenuously

Do you see morality as black-and-white, or with shades of gray?
Many more than 50

Do you care about what others assume about you?
Not now

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most want it to be, and why?
My first one-night stand, as I have an idyllic memory of that encounter

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most NOT want it to be, and why?
People I knew when I was a student, at my most vulnerable.

If you could make any one thing happen, what would it be?
Meet my dream girl

Who in your life has the power to hurt you the most and why?
People from my student past, when I was most vulnerable, and made the most mistakes.

Describe a typical Friday night.
Unwinding after work, some TV and videos

If this is one place in the world you could go, where would it be?
Maybe New York

What is your most prized possession?
An electronic keyboard

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Both; I am an insomniac

What kinds of things do you always carry (in pockets or purse)?
Cash, banknotes, banker’s cards, travel passes, keys

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
I tend to be slow to react, and sometimes do not function properly

What is your biggest need?
For people to appreciate my intelligence

What would make you completely happy?
Reassurance of an enduring relationship

If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
I would get together with a nice partner for impulsive sensuality.

“Explorations” is available through:



No comments:

Post a Comment