Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Meet the Characters - An Interview with Kristen Jensen from “The Thin Person Inside” by Rochelle Weber

Today we’re talking to Kristen Jensen, from “The Thin Person Inside,” a Contemporary Romance by Rochelle Weber. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What's your story/back story? Why would someone come up with a story about YOU?
I guess the reason people would want to interview me is because of the unique way I met Sean Wesley. His manager pulled strings to get him into treatment at the Danville, Illinois, VA because he was having trouble staying clean after he ODed during a recording session. I was there to address my food addiction. I weighed three-hundred pounds when we met. Who’d ever expect a rock star like Sean to fall for someone that fat?

Sean’s tall, and drop-dead handsome with black hair and incredible blue eyes. He’s one of the lead singers of The Haystack, and I was in love with his music long before I met him. He’s kind, and intelligent, and incredibly brave. Can you imagine a pianist making a comeback after losing a hand?

What problems do you have to face and overcome in your life?
Having been morbidly obese most of my adult life was a pretty big one, pun not intended.

Do you expect your hero to help or is he the problem?
Sean and I support each other. We have different addictions, so we’re not binge buddies.  Although, he says he was a fat kid and he has to watch his food, so I guess I’m a good influence on him.

Where do you live?
My apartment’s in Rantoul, Illinois. It’s about 125 miles south of Chicago, ten miles north of Champaign, and forty-five miles northeast of Danville. I was raised in Chicago, but rents are less down here and I’m close to my daughters.

During what time period does your story take place?
You would call our romance a contemporary one.

How are you coping with the conflict in your life?
Aside from having had a heart attack recently, I’m doing okay. I’ve lost about a hundred pounds so far and I’m still losing. I work out along with Sean when he does his physical therapy, and I’m healthier than I’ve been in over twenty years. My kids aren’t embarrassed to be seen with me anymore.

Those’re all the questions we have for you. Thank you for speaking to us.
You’re welcome.  I really think Sean is much more interesting than I am. After all—he’s the rock star.

The Thin Person Inside” is available through:



No comments:

Post a Comment