Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Meet The Characters – An interview with Tate McAllister from, “Quick & Dirty” by Whitley Cox

Humiliated and angry Parker Ryan is ready to erase every last trace of her ex from her mind, body, and soul. Of course she can be adventurous. Exciting. Sexy. No matter what he said. She needs an exorcism, and Tate McAllister and the island of Moorea in Tahiti are just the man and place to do it.

Tate is perfect for the job: billionaire resort owner, scuba instructor, philanthropist and, let’s face it, sex god. So maybe the affair isn’t the wisest move when she has to write her damn feature piece and review the hotel, but if he’s ready and willing to wow her in and out of the bedroom for the next ten days, the fling will be worth it. Parker can get the job done and have Tate fulfill all her fantasies, and she won’t—repeat won’t—fall in love with the man. Even if every part of her wants to.

Today we’re talking to Tate McAllister, owner of the Windward Hibiscus Hotel and Resort here on Moorea. He’s the hero in the Steamy Contemporary Romance “Quick & Dirty” by Whitley Cox. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.
If you don’t mind, I’d just like to preface this interview with a brief statement if I may?

Sure. Please do.

I don’t normally do many interviews. I pride myself on my anonymity and privacy. I wouldn’t be able to do what I do and run my resort the way I want to if I hadn’t been able to stay under the radar all these years. So, if you don’t mind, there will be no photos of me and if I deem your questions too personal I will ask you to move on or I simply won’t answer.


How old are you? 
Thirty-nine. But age is just a number.

What is your relationship status?
Single

When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
Hmm, good question. I see a tired man. One with bags under his eyes and the odd gray in his beard and at his temples. I keep going back and forth about whether shaving the beard will make me look younger, or at the very least more approachable, but well, I’ve been told to keep the beard by a certain special someone.

Special someone? So your relationship status isn’t single? (clears his throat) For now I’m going to go with single.

All right, fair enough. Well, let’s switch gears a bit then, what was your first impression of her?
(His wistful smile makes me sway where I sit.) My first impression of Ms. Ryan was that she was a spitfire with a temper who isn’t afraid to ask for exactly what she wants (his eyebrows bob in a way that make me want to ask what exactly she asked for). Yet, at the very same time, there was this endearing vulnerability and sweetness to her that caused this visceral need inside me to protect her, to comfort her and make her feel at home and safe.

Hmm. She certainly sounds special. Are you close to your family? Would your mother approve of Miss Ryan?
Besides my mother, I have no family. She and I are extremely close, despite the distance and I think that she would approve of Miss Ryan. My mother doesn’t hold back, so if she didn’t like Miss Ryan, she’d let me know.

Would your mother moving to the island make you completely happy? Or is there some other greater need that would make you completely happy? What is your biggest need?
Wow, uh, those are some pretty intense questions. Yes, of course, my mother moving here would make me happy. She doesn’t need to work, yet she still chooses too. I’ve told her countless times she could be a nurse here on the island, but she loves what she does back home and doesn’t want to give it up.

Maybe one day if the incentive is greater, like grandchildren, do you think she’d move?
One day, maybe. Getting a little ahead of ourselves though, aren’t we?

So, then what would make you completely happy? What is your biggest need?
I want to help people. That’s the whole reason why I set up a resort for the mega rich, so I could afford to bring over refugees and immigrants who need jobs and a new life and pay them properly, help them get back on their feet. Knowing that my staff, that the people I’m trying to help are happy would make me happy. That’s my greatest need. Knowing that my fortune is going to a greater cause, that people, children, are being taken care of is what makes me happy. Children should always be taken care of. Children should always know that they matter and that someone cares, that someone has their back.

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
That I’m not doing enough. That there is always more that could be done. That I’m not helping enough people.

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most want it to be, and why?
My uncle. Because there is still so much more I could learn from him.

Okay, what about someone from your past who you would most NOT want to see again, and why?
Next question.

Oh, okay. Last question: If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
(That smile is back) I’d spend it out on my sailboat. I’d fish and dive and swim, then I’d sail around the island to the north side where there is a little lagoon and small restaurant with only four tables. I’d eat the best barracuda steak in the world, drink a cold coconut smoothie, then I’d lay anchor in the lagoon and fall asleep in my hammock on the deck of the boat.

One more follow up question, if I may? Are you alone on this free day?
No.

“Quick & Dirty” is one of 22 hot romances in the Sultry Nights Boxed Set. It’s available now for only 99 cents.
“Quick & Dirty” as part of the Sultry Nights Romance Collection is available through:

PRONOUN (all currently available buy links)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on your blog today, Bonnie. I really appreciate it and hope everyone loves Tate as much as I do :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tate is such a sexy guy. Thanks so much for sharing him with us!

      Delete