Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Sue-ling from “Love in the Air” by Adam Mann

Two passengers find some common ground on a flight to Taipei. Charlie meets Sue-ling on trans-Pacific flight to Taipei after delays due to bad weather, and then further delays mean a long stop-over in the transit area at the airport. Charlie decides to stay at the Airport Hotel where he can get a shower and rest a bit, and is helped by Sue-ling who joins him as she too is delayed by the weather. Their in-flight conversation becomes more than friendly, as they have to wait for their connections, and a mix-up in the hotel bathroom exposes more than just her skin as their relationship develops.


Today we’re talking to Sue-ling from “Love in the Air,” a Contemporary Romance by Adam Mann. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.



How old are you?     
I was 29 when I met Charlie, so now just 30.

What is your relationship status?
Single, but now happily married.

What is your best memory to date?
Oh dear, so many, I’m lucky.  Most recently the day I graduated, and then meeting Charlie on the flight as it dawned on me that he might be a good man to get to know better, and I was right.

What was your first impression of Charlie?          
When he kissed my forehead in the airport, and then called my mobile just in time just before I left the terminal.

If we could only hear your voice (but not see you) what characteristic would identify you?
I was born in Taiwan, so I’m obviously Chinese to look at, although after three years at college in Vancouver I do speak good Canadian English.

If you could go back in time, what one thing would you change in your life?   
I first of all thought about meeting Charlie earlier, but that wouldn’t have been practical as then he had a girlfriend, and I was engaged to a man who I thought I’d marry eventually.

Are you close to family?      
My mother and I talk a lot together about all sorts of things, but I do love my father and now of course my new husband.

Do you see morality as black-and-white, or with shades of gray? 
I always thought in terms of black and white, but experience taught me otherwise. I understand the value of a “white lie”, but I despise outright untruths.

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most want it to be, and why? 
I had to think about that question for a few minutes. I’d love to meet any of my fellow students, and I just know we’d talk about old times and new opportunities, and their men.

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most NOT want it to be, and why?   
If I met my old financé I think that he’d be more embarrassed than me, especially as he eventually married my best friend, but forgot to tell me!

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
Charlie’s work contracts last for about two years, so for the time being I have to worry about where we’d live, hopefully with two young children, so the doubt or worry is probably financial.

What is your biggest need? 
Not really a need, but I’d like a job of my own. I’m a botanist.

If you could make any one thing happen, what would it be?      
Easy. I want two babies – one at a time – and as soon as possible, and Charlie agrees.

Now on to something lighter, what is your favorite drink?          
I like California dry white wine, preferably chilled.

What is your favorite food?
Oh definitely Chinese, and roast meat with a salty taste.

Describe a typical Friday night.      
As we move around a bit that would vary, but right now it would not be a conventional Friday, so I’ll have to pass on that question.

If there is one place in the world you could go, where would it be? 
Probably a beach holiday in the Caribbean, especially on a tropical island with plants and animals.

What is your most prized possession?        
My new husband, Charlie.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
With Charlie I have to be both, oops!

What kinds of things do you always carry in your purse?           
So some reason I’ve always carried a Swiss Army penknife, but I’ve rarely had to use it. It just gives me confidence.

What would make you completely happy?
Charlie making me pregnant.

If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?           
Charlie and I haven’t really gone on any holiday, yet, apart from three days honeymoon in Macau. I suppose that shopping would be my main attraction, for clothes and household utilities and decorations.


“Love in the Air” is available through:



No comments:

Post a Comment