Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Kim Anh from “Love In The Boondocks” by Adam Mann


Author’s Note: The word Boondocks originated as military slang used by American soldiers engaging guerrillas in the Philippines before World War II, from Tagalog bundok, mountain, from Proto-Malayo-Polynesian *bunduk, elevated ground. The word has since been used by many others to denote a remote and wild area in any country.

Dave is working for a development project with farmer families in remote and distant areas, often mountainous. Very few people speak English, and he works with several translators. He comes across several primary school teachers who are working in villages in those areas, and one who does speak good English asks him for help with transport to one of the distant villages, and then inadvertently invites herself for accommodation overnight in Dave’s small village house.
Kim Anh comes from a family of teachers, and unfortunately is just recovering from a failed marriage, so meeting Dave is quite fortuitous and she instinctively cleans and tidies Dave’s kitchen and bedroom.

Kim’s departure to her new village is delayed as her transport is not available, until after the forthcoming luni-solar holidays, and she stays another day in Dave’s house. The weather grows colder and Dave kindly offers her warmer sleeping facilities!

Kim had found Dave an attractive man when she first met him, but Dave found all young ladies beautiful, until Kim began to blossom under Dave’s care.

Initial contact turns to passion and passion to deep love!

Everything works out well until Kim’s co-teacher turns up with a baby, a non-husband, and big problems!

Today we’re talking to Kim Anh from “Love In The Boondocks,” a Contemporary Romance by Adam Mann. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What is your best memory to date?
Since I met Dave there have been so many happy memories, but probably the best was the first two evenings he allowed me to stay in his cottage.  I knew that Dave was kind but I didn’t want kindness, then I needed acceptance and then I wanted love.

What was your first impression of Dave?
It was really by accident!  The second night I stayed in his cottage it was really cold but Dave only had one duvet, and some old army blankets, which we shared and it was only in the morning that we found ourselves lying close together clothed.

What would you most like to forget? 
My first husband.  As a young girl I thought he was attractive, but he treated me with disdain, and only showed an interest when my salary was paid into my bank.

Are you close to family?
Oh yes, I am the eldest daughter, and my mother and I have a good understanding without having to talk.

Do you see morality as black-and-white, or with shades of gray?
I knew it was immoral to stay in Dave’s cottage, and a lot of people would talk and gossip, but then as our relationship changed to passion and then love and respect, I just didn’t care.

Do you care about what others assume about you?
That’s a bit late now.  Dave never formally asked me to marry him he just bought me an engagement ring which he gave to me in front of many people, and as we live together many people assume we are married.

If you could make any one thing happen, what would it be?
I know that I want to start a family soon, but not too soon.

If there is one place in the world you could go, where would it be?
I would eventually like to live in, or close to, a big city with more adequate shops and even supermarkets.  Dave and I have talked about a holiday in Singapore or Hong Kong.

What is your most prized possession?
My engagement ring.  Not for the value or money, but what it means.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Oh definitely a morning person, which Dave understands and reacts to.

What kinds of things do you always carry in your purse?
My mobile phone, which has now evolved into an iPhone.


“Love In The Boondocks” is available through:


Connect with Adam Mann



No comments:

Post a Comment