Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Caelan MacKenzie from “Claiming the Highlander” by Mageela Troche


First came marriage...will love come next? 

As children, stoic Caelan MacKenzie married feisty Brenna Grant for a parcel of land and an Earldom. Then the child bride and groom went their separation ways.

Years later, Caelan is the feared Viking Highlander, a great warrior. His father lies on his death bed and now Caelan must return home to take his place as the Chief of Clan MacKenzie. Time has come for him to face his past and the secret he has carried. Some believe him unworthy to lead.

All but his wife—Brenna knows the true man that he is from the letters they had been exchanging since childhood. Now at Castle MacKenzie anticipates her husband's return.  Brenna must use her influence to protect the Grant clan or have her life destroy. And that she refuses to happen.

From the Scottish Highland shores to the rugged glens, the alpha male and his brave heroine must battle against outside forces to save their wedded life even as they succumb to their sensual desire.

Can they save all they hold dear including their growing love? Or will they be defeat and betrayed?


Today we’re talking to Caelan MacKenzie from “Claiming the Highlander,” by Mageela Troche. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What is your relationship status?
I am married Brenna Grant at seven by order of King Alexander of Scotland. Brenna brought a nice parcel of land and the Earldom of Wester Ross.

What is people’s first impression of you?
Most people are afraid of me. I am called the Viking Highlander. Whispers are told of me coming for the evil at night and exacting justice. That makes me happy.

Name three of your favorite things.
Swimming at night that helps me wash away the day, my horse and teasing my little sister.

Name three things that tick you off.
The three members of my father’s council. Each one of those men frustrate me.

What are you most afraid of?
That I will not live up to my father’s legacy as I lead Clan MacKenzie.

What was your first impression of Brenna?
At the wedding, I remember being proud of Brenna. She was fighting her nurse because she wanted a tart. When I saw as adult, she shocked me. She was beautiful and determined. I saw it in her eyes. That was a good thing for me.

What would you most like to forget?
Nothing. The good and bad have made me strong.

If you could go back in time, what one thing would you change in your life?
A secret that I have run from. Now I’m facing it.

Are you close to family?
Very. I’m a Highlander—family and clan are everything.

Do you care about what others assume about you?
It depends upon the person. But mostly nay. (He shrugs)

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I like the nights with my wife. (He smiles.)

What kinds of things do you always carry?
My dirk and sword and food.


“Claiming the Highlander” is available through:


Connect with Mageela Troche


No comments:

Post a Comment