Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Mason Harding from “Arresting Mason” by Amber Daulton


Once you’re in a prison gang, you’re in it for life. That’s what Mason Harding thought until the boss accepted his resignation. After the State releases him on parole, a sexy divorcée behind the wheel of a car almost ends his life quicker than a shank. His chance encounter with Mia Eddison results in a night of passion, but her brother—his parole officer—catches them together and doesn’t approve.

Mia falls hard for the cocky ex-con, but not because of his chiseled body. She vows to break through his walls and discover his secrets, but never expects those secrets to threaten her life.
When members of an organized crime ring kidnap Mia to force Mason’s return to the gang, he goes up against an old friend to save the woman he loves. Will his sacrifice be enough or will everything fall apart in a blaze of gunfire?


Today we’re talking to Mason Harding from “Arresting Mason: Arresting Onyx (book 1),” by Amber Daulton. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

What is your relationship status?
I’m happily engaged. I didn’t mean to ask Mia to marry me, especially since I hadn’t bought the ring yet, but the question just slipped right out. I couldn’t take it back, and I really didn’t want to. I needed to confess what I felt in my heart, and when she said yes, damn. I still can’t get over the overwhelming relief that surged me. I love her so much.

When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
A man who has made a ton of mistakes. Most people think I’m cocky and arrogant, which I am, but only the people who really know me can see the vulnerable man beneath the façade. Sometimes, I just can’t escape the regret I see in my eyes and in the fine lines on my face.

What is people’s first impression of you?
Women want me. They see the tattoos and my chiseled abs, and they flirt like they’re in heat. Before I met Mia, I definitely encouraged their behavior.
Men think I’m no good. I guess they could be right on that, but I try hard each day not to revert into the prick I used to be. I want to be a good person, but I don’t always come off as one when I first meet someone.

What is your best memory to date?
Nearly getting hit by a car. No really, I’m serious. That’s when I first met Mia. She’d nearly rammed my legs with her vehicle, and after I calmed the frantic woman down, I asked her to dinner. We probably never would’ve met without that little incident.

What are you most afraid of?
My past coming back to haunt me. Again. Mia and I have already survived a few throw downs with some old friends of mine, and I never want her in that type of situation again.

Now on to something lighter, what is your favorite drink?
Whiskey. I love that damn drink, but I haven’t tasted a drop of alcohol in over ten yeas. It’s like a drug to me, it makes me stupid and dangerous, and it’s my choice to stay sober.

What would you most like to forget?
The first time I spoke to my brother, Alan, while I was behind bars. The anger and tears in his eyes had ripped through me, and I will never forgive myself for the crap I’d put him through.

If you could go back in time, what one thing would you change in your life?
The reason why I ended up in prison. I never would’ve robbed that liquor store. Even when I did it, I knew it was wrong, but that didn’t stop me. I was nothing but a fool, and I’ve learned a very hard lesson from that mistake.

Are you close to family?
I suppose so. My brother and nephew are great, and I love them to death. I haven’t talked with my dad in years, but I’ve started talking with my mom. Maybe, it time, Mom and I will work out our differences, but I’m not holding my breath.

Do you see morality as black-and-white, or with shades of gray?
A bunch of gray, believe me. I’ve done too much crap to be one of those snobby people who doesn’t realize life isn’t perfect and you can’t wrap everything up in a neat little box.

Do you care about what others assume about you?
Not really, except for Mia and Alan. Their opinions mean a great deal to me.

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most NOT want it to be, and why?
There are tons of people I don’t ever want to see again, but I suppose my boss while in prison would be at the top of that list. I respect the hell out of Oskar Udell, and I will always think of him as a friend, but that part of my life is over. If I would see him again, I would feel obligated to do his bidding, especially after all he’s done for me. I couldn’t say no, and then I would have to deal with Mia’s fury. Her being mad is a sexy sight, but I don’t like hurting her. Anyway, Oskar is serving life in the slammer, so it’s highly unlikely he’ll ever show up on my doorstep.

Who in your life has the power to hurt you the most and why?
Mia is my everything. If she would ever leave me, I don’t know what I’d do. I need her like I need the air to breathe. Yeah, that sounds sappy, but I can’t help it. She completes me.

What is your most prized possession?
Mia will probably slap me when she finds out I told you this, but I gotta say her. Mia Eddison is my most prized possession, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I would do anything to keep her safe, and I mean anything. She knows that, and she knows the hell I’ve been through, so I think she’ll understand why I said this about her.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning person. I wake up at the crack of dawn, exercise, shower, and start my day. I don’t see a point in staying up late—unless I’m rolling with Mia in between the sheets—and I wake early because I’m grateful to be alive, and I just wanna start my day.

“Arresting Mason” is available through:


Connect with Amber Daulton

1 comment: