Sunday, September 8, 2019

Inspiration Behind "My Rodeo Man"


I'm participating in the 'Fall Into These Great Reads Bookathon' this month and one of the questions was what inspired me to write this story. Following is my answer: 

Story inspiration sometimes pops out of the blue and sometimes from an ‘ah ha’ moment. Where ever the idea comes from, it’s accompanied by an intense period of ‘what if’s’. “My Rodeo Man” stepped into the light on a rainy Saturday afternoon as I sat in front of the television and channel-surfed.

When the screen filled with sexy cowboys participating in rodeo events, I knew I’d found my destination. Who doesn’t love hot cowboys in tight jeans? Intrigued by the moxie and grit of the bull and bronc riders, I was captivated by the choreography and grace of the team ropers and a story idea took flight. The men who reach the top ranks of any professional sport possess a deep well of determination but that is often over shadowed by their image as players and bad boys. The what if’s begin. Who would make the perfect foil for my cocky hero from Texas? A woman who has had her fill of bad boys and players breaking her heart, of course. Enter our feisty Southern Belle.

Most of us have family and friends. Things we like and dislike. Hopes and dreams, yet uncertainty over whether or not we’ll find those things in our futures. With each of my stories I try and create a realistic relationship between the hero and heroine and do that by focusing on what made them the people they are. That means dragging their baggage into the plot along with the people who have played an important role in shaping them.

As on Amazon reviewer states: “This book has a very rich storyline, well rounded characters, realistic situations that we can all relate to. The close knit Kincaid family dynamics made it an all the more enjoyable read, at least for me… Now as far as Zach and Ashley are concerned; I absolutely loved the funny banter, the easy friendship, the undeniable sexual tension, and also the playfulness in so many different scenarios between these two.”

Creating characters that capture readers’ hearts is why I write. 

Hope you’ll stop by the Fall Into These Great Reads Bookathon today and read an excerpt from "My Rodeo Man." CLICK HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment