Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Devyn Nash from “A Taste of Tragedy” by Kim McMahill


Morgan Hunter sacrificed everything for her career. She had yet to encounter anything she wasn’t willing to do to succeed...until now. When she uncovers evidence that the healthy foods she’s been hired to promote may be dangerous she must reevaluate her priorities. As questions mount and the body count rises, she finds herself caught in the crosshairs of an organization that will stop at nothing to hide its secrets and protect its profits. With no one else to trust, Morgan is forced to seek help from the man she drove away, but whom she never stopped loving.


Today we’re talking to FBI Agent, Devyn Nash, from “A Taste of Tragedy (Risky Research Series Book 2)” by Kim McMahill. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

What is your relationship status?
For the first time in my life I’m in a healthy relationship with a wonderful man. The main problem, though, is that he lives in another state so we don’t see each other as much as I’d like.

What’s people’s first impression of you?
People see me as a no nonsense, hard-as-nails FBI agent. Most think I’m cold and unapproachable and few try to get close to me. That impression was so ingrained for so many years that I was starting to believe it, and then came Gage…

Name three of your favorite things.
Nothing can compare with the object of my affections, Wyoming Sheriff Gage Harris, but I also love raw chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate and peanut butter ice cream straight out of the carton.

Name three things that tick you off.
I have little tolerance for bullies, hypocrites, and weasels of the humankind.

What are you most afraid of?
I’m most afraid of failing. In my line of work, when I fail people die.

Are you close to family?
I was an only child, so I didn’t have much family to start with. I was very close to my parents. When your dad is in the military and you live all over the world it’s helpful if your mom is your best friend. Unfortunately, my parents died in a boating accident, at least that’s what the authorities claimed, shortly after I graduated from high school.

Do you care about what others assume about you?
I never cared about what others assumed about me until recently. As I mentioned earlier, I’m pretty infatuated with a handsome and rugged lawman, and I finally have a girlfriend in my life for the first time since college, so I’m definitely trying to be a better person.

What kinds of things do you always carry (in pockets or purse)?
I don’t carry a purse since I need to keep my hands free in case I have to reach for my gun or take down a slime-ball. I go through life pretty lean. My badge is usually clipped to my belt and I have a phone in one pocket and a little cash stashed in another.

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
Until my current partner, Nick Melonis, I went through a new partner about every six months. I was starting to take it personally, and I couldn’t help but doubt myself. Was I that hard to be around? I still worry that my new man and best friend will leave me like everyone else in my life, but the longer they stick, the more my confidence grows.

What would make you completely happy?
First, I have to bring to justice a deadly group who has been manipulating the diet product industry for profit at the expense of many lost lives. Once that’s done, if I could spend the rest of my life with Gage Harris, I would die a happy woman.

“A Taste of Tragedy” is available at:


Connect with Kim McMahill

No comments:

Post a Comment