In the hustle and bustle of the season, especially now that stores are open on Thanksgiving Day, it's way too easy to loose site of all of the many things I have to be thankful for.
So in the spirit of remembering what today is all about, here's my list:
- The chance to spend this day with my amazing family and friends as we cook and share a special meal together.
- The country I am privileged to live in. Despite it's flaws, we are basically a people with very generous and giving hearts.
- The beauty that is California - though I am sure that each of you find beauty in your own states.
- A roof over my head when so many in our country and world must do without.
- An abundance of mouth-watering food that make both our dinner table and my tummy groan.
- But most of all, I wish that everyone could share my good fortune.
May today and the rest of the year be one of joy and thanksgiving!