Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Meet the Characters - An Interview with Sally from “Planting the Seeds of Love” by N. N. Light

Today we’re talking to Sally Rayton from the romantic novella, “Planting the Seeds of Love: A Novella,” by N. N. Light.



Mrs. N: It’s my great pleasure to introduce you to one of my favorite characters, Sally Rayton. She’s the leading lady in “Planting the Seeds of Love: A Novella.”

Sally: For Pete’s sake, you’re going to have them think I’m a celebrity, like Kristin Kreuk. I’m just a normal girl trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.

Mrs. N: This was your idea, Sally. Now’s not the time to be modest. These fine readers want to know more about you. *pauses to look down* Now then let’s start with the first question. What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Sally: Hmm, I used to think that opening my own café in the city, away from the Rayton Farm and all the gossipers, was my idea of happiness.

Mrs. N: And now?

Sally: Now, I’m conflicted. I mean, on one hand I have Trevor and life with him in the city is perfect. We make the perfect couple and both have our sights set on becoming a success in the city. But then there’s Jack…

Mrs. N: Ah yes, Jack, the sexy boy next door who’s loved you since you were little.

Sally: *rolls eyes* You always bring that up. Yes, Jack’s my best friend and I guess he could be considered sexy, although I don’t see him that way.

Mrs. N: You don’t?

Sally: Well… maybe a little. *clears throat nervously* Can we move onto the next question?

Mrs. N: Sure… What is your greatest fear?

Sally: Oh, that’s easy, ending up like my sister. My sister got pregnant when she was fifteen, ran away from home with the Mayor’s son and hasn’t been heard of since.

Mrs. N: Why is that a fear of yours?

Sally: You should realize that since my sister was six years older than me, the gossipers reminded me on a daily basis what a disappointment she became and an embarrassment to the Rayton name. See, we’re one of the oldest families in the county and well-respected. But my sister messed up and people used her misfortune to make themselves feel better. I vowed when I was fifteen, I would NEVER allow people to talk that way about me.

Mrs. N: Good for you. You’re a strong woman and I admire that trait in you. What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Sally: I hate liars. I’m a big girl. I’d much rather someone speaks the truth to me than lie. I guess I learned that from my grandfather. I remember when I was about six years old, I chased rabbits into the woods behind the barn. I knew I wasn’t allowed back there but I did it anyway. When it was time for supper, my grandfather asked me where I’d been. I lied and told him I was off playing in the wheat field. He scolded me for not only going back into the woods (which he saw from the barn window) but lying about it. “Never lie, Sally, especially to me. It’s the worst thing you can do.” I never forgot and adopted his view on lying.

Mrs. N: I already know the answer to this next question. What is your greatest extravagance?

Sally: Oooh, my books. I love books and have a nice collection of leather-bound classics. Trevor gave me a first-edition of one of my favorite books and it was the nicest birthday present I’ve ever received.

Mrs. N: How lovely. That must’ve cost him a pretty penny. First editions are expensive but even more so in hardcover.

Sally: I don’t know how much it cost but evidentially he thought I was worth it.

Mrs. N: No need to be defensive, dear. I was merely pointing out a fact.

Sally: I’m sorry, I’m a little touchy when it comes to money.

Mrs. N: It’s okay, I know how much Trevor means to you. Let’s move on to the last question. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?

Sally: *Laughs* You’ll think it’s funny but I’d love to come back as a bunny. They’re soft, fluffy and hop around the garden finding food to nibble on. Think Peter Cottontail, that’s me.

Mrs. N: *Laughs* Only it would be Sally Cottontail in your case. Thank you, Sally, for sitting down for a few moments and chatting with me.

Sally: It was my pleasure.

Mrs. N: If you’d like to find out more about this fascinating love triangle—Sally, Trevor and Jack—now is a great time to purchase “Planting the Seeds of Love: A Novella.” It’s $2.99, but the price will go up to $3.99 July 1st. If you are a subscriber to Kindle Unlimited, you can read for free!


PLANTING THE SEEDS OF LOVE: A NOVELLA is available through:


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring our heroine, Sally Rayton, from our contemporary romance novella. We're so grateful. Mrs. N and Mr. N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I loved the interview. What a delightful character!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful interview. Sally seems like she has a tough choice. I hope she makes one she can live with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific interview-enough to make me smile. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely interview - I just love character interviews and Sally sounds like a perfect heroine!

    ReplyDelete