Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Margo Simmons from “Secret Desires” by J.L. Regen


Nothing in Margo Simmons’s life comes easy. She can’t claim the inheritance on a condo apartment her uncle has left to her until she is gainfully employed in a job for a year. She meets the man of her dreams but anguishes over a loving relationship because he is still emotionally tied to his deceased wife. With great difficulty, she becomes the guardian to a recently orphaned child she had been tutoring. Margo evolves from an insecure, newbie elementary teacher into a woman determined to fulfill the secret desires locked in her heart. My story speaks to anyone who has suffered a loss and had to start over.
J.L. Regen’s book was inspired by a real life story of lovers who join hearts against many odds. She lives in the New York metropolitan area, is a published photojournalist, has short suspense stories online, and has taught English as a Second Language to students around the globe. This is her first contemporary romance. She has also published three nonfiction books and is crafting a historical suspense set in World War II.


Today we’re talking to Margo Simmons from “Secret Desires” by J.L. Regen. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What is your relationship status?
I am happily married to a man who courted me with flowers, wine, dancing, and many romantic interludes. We just celebrated our 14 wedding anniversary.

What is your best memory to date?
My wedding day is one of my best memories. I felt like a princess in my gown and waltzed around the floor with my new husband. It was an exhilarating experience.

What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is coconut sorbet. I could eat it by the gallons. It is a nice intermezzo between courses as well.

Are you close to family?
I only have one family member left and, yes, we've become close. He's the patriarch of the family. A great husband and father who is now fighting back as he recovers from a bout with throat cancer.

What is your most prized possession?
My most prized possession is a teddy bear that one of my students gave to me. He greets me each morning.

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most want it to be, and why?
I'd want it to be my mother. She was my best friend and I miss her greatly.

Name three of your favorite things.
I have many interests--photography, yoga, and horseback riding are my three top ones. My passion is travel, which I've done as a writer, teacher, and photojournalist.

What kinds of things do you always carry in your pockets or purse?
I always carry a notepad in my pocket so that I can jot down ideas for my present and future novels. I get some of my best ideas on long walks.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I'm a morning person. I get up early, do my errands, and when I'm not teaching, turn on my pc early to compose my thoughts and write. I don't like burning the midnight oils because past a certain hour, the mind wanders and thoughts get jumbled. However, I have been known to get out of bed in the middle of the night to write down an idea.

If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
When I have a free day, I like to take a yoga class, read, write, and talk to a friend.


“Secret Desires” is available at:


Connect with J.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment