Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Meet the Characters - An Interview with Kelly from "Raving Beauty" by Vicki Batman

Hi, everyone (*waving*)! And thanks, Bonnie, for having me today. I’m Kelly Stinson and I’m sharing some intimate details about myself with you today. (I just hope my nemesis doesn’t read this or I’ll never hear the living end.) “Raving Beauty” by Vicki Batman is a romantic comedy short story from the ‘Just You and Me’ boxed set.

How old are you?
You know how it goes—my mama said to never tell. (*wink*) I’ve been out of college for a while. Does that help?

What is your relationship status?
Nundom, a semi-permanent state. Not always fun, but it is what it is.

When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
Thin, brown hair, tall. Dependable. Good Friend. I’m the owner of Creative Boutique which specializes in goods crafted by Sommerville locals. I love to read romance and mysteries, run, and miss my favorite companion – my kitty, Romper.   

Name three things that tick you off.
Looking at Daniel. Listening to Daniel. Helping Daniel.

What is your best memory to date?
Not really my best memory, but the one that stands out is my high school senior prom. Of the seven guys I asked, none would go with me; so I had to ask Daniel. He didn’t dance.

What are you most afraid of?
Not afraid per se. I don’t like ‘The Look’ Daniel gives me. He actually glowers.

Now on to something lighter, what is your favorite drink?
I used to imbibe margaritas – on the rocks, hold the salt – until I agreed to help Daniel with his beauty pageant. I learned the lesson after about four drinks and how agreeing to anything can be bad for me.

What is your favorite food?
It’s a toss-up between hamburgers and donuts.

What was your first impression of Daniel, your love interest in the book?
I do my best to ignore Daniel. I’d much rather look at Ben Stewart. He kisses my cheek and calls me endearments. Talks to me like I’m loved and adored. Sigh.

What would you most like to forget?
Daniel Ackerman. And the swan dive I took offstage at the beauty pageant which resulted in torn ankle ligaments. Hurt like hell. Thankfully, nothing about the pageant was noted on the front page of the Sommerville Gazette. That would have been utterly embarrassing.

Are you close to family?
Yes. My parents are on a Mediterranean cruise. My best friend since grade school days, Maggie Ackerman, is like my sister, but she has a monster of a brother.

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most want it to be, and why?
Someone did! Ben, and he’s no longer a skinny, short, knobby-kneed nerd who once wore black glasses, baggy jeans, and red Converse high-tops with holes in the toes. The new and improved Ben has cropped, sun-streaked hair, broad shoulders a girl could lean on, and well-defined muscles filling out his sky-blue polo shirt. He’s my orthopedic doc and Daniel’s best friend—or is he? They have been arguing a lot lately.

If someone from your past showed up, who would you most NOT want it to be, and why?
Daniel. Daniel. Daniel.

If you could make any one thing happen, what would it be?
I’d like Daniel Ackerman to disappear so my relationship with Ben Stewart can develop.

Who in your life has the power to hurt you the most and why?
Daniel has a way of looking at me. He doesn’t talk much, but when he does, we inevitably argue. So tiresome.


“Raving Beauty” by Vicki Batman in the ‘Just You and Me’ boxed set is available at:

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Bonnie! Thank you so much for having Kelly stop by and share those fun things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed my conversation with Kelly. Hope our readers did too!

      Delete