Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Meet the Characters - An Interview with Simone from "Reunited With The PI" by Anna J. Stewart

At the age of nine, Simone Armstrong's life was derailed and some would say defined, by the murder of a childhood friend; a murder that remains unsolved to this day. Now, as a prosecutor for the Sacramento D.A.'s office, Simone has earned the nickname the Avenging Angel. She's the prosecutor criminals hope they don't end up sitting across the aisle from. Her career has always come first. Putting criminals behind bars before they can hurt anyone else has always been her top priority. That determination and dedication has cost her a lot, including a short-lived marriage.  When her main witness in a career-making case goes missing and suspicion falls on her office, there's only one person she can trust to help her: former Marine turned P.I., and her ex-husband, Vince Sutton.

Today we’re talking to Simone Armstrong from the book “Reunited With The PI” by Anna J. Stewart.               

How old are you?
I'll be thirty in a few weeks.

What is your relationship status?
As Facebook (as if I spend any time there) would say, it's complicated.

What is your best memory to date?
Watching one of my best friends get married to a man who deserves her. Seeing someone you care about that happy, there's nothing better than that.

What are you most afraid of?
Something happening to either Eden or Allie, or God forbid, both. They're a part of me. I can't imagine life without them.

Now on to something lighter, what is your favorite drink?
Anything in a wine glass, but preferably wine. And preferably Riesling (it's the only sugar I tend to allow myself)

What was your first impression of Vince?
The first time I saw Vince he was in his Marine dress uniform, so you can well imagine what my first impression was. Talk about searing an image into your brain. I think he short-circuited something inside of me; broke me for anyone else. There was something solidly commanding about him, but that underlying aura of determination, loyalty, and dedication? Part of me had forgotten men like him existed.

If you could go back in time, what one thing would you change in your life?
This should be an easy answer. I should say I want to go back and stop Chloe from leaving our tent all those years ago. Because she'd still be alive, she'd still be with us, living her life alongside me, Eden, and Chloe. But doing that means I wouldn't be who I am; Eden and Allie wouldn't be who they are. We've done a lot of good because of Chloe's death. To change what happened means I'd change everything about us, and I think we've become who we were meant to be.

Are you close to family?
If you mean my blood relations, my parents? No. In fact I couldn't even tell you where they are in the world right now. If you mean my family by choice?  My friends? Absolutely. And the circle is getting larger.

Do you care about what others assume about you?
Only in so much as their assumptions tell me more about them. Which gives me an advantage. And I'll take any advantage I can get, especially in the courtroom.

Who in your life has the power to hurt you the most and why?
Eden St. Claire, Allie Hollister, and Vince. Because they know me the best and they're the only ones who know my real weaknesses and fears. But they wouldn't. And I know this because I've let them in.

What is your most prized possession?
The necklace I wear every day of my life. It belonged to Chloe...and reminds me how short life can be. And that there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

Available at:

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Harlequin
iBooks
GooglePlay
BooksAMillion


No comments:

Post a Comment