Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Meet the Characters - An Interview with Claire from “Three Days” by Cynthia W. Gentry

Today we’re talking to Claire, from “Three Days,” an Erotic Ménage Romance by Cynthia W. Gentry. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

How old are you?
I’m 34 years old.

What is your relationship status?
That’s an interesting question. I’ve been dating my boyfriend, Trey, for four years. But not too long ago, I tagged along on one of Trey’s business trips—he was trying to raise money for the nonprofit foundation he works for—to do research for a magazine article, and we met Rich. I’m not sure yet what role he’ll play in our lives.

When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
I’m 5 feet 8 inches tall. I’ve always been self-conscious about my height. Sometimes I feel like a large clumsy Amazon! I have long, wavy brown hair that falls below my shoulders, and very dark brown eyes. I have a straight nose and full lips (I’ll never need collagen injections, not that I would get them!). I’m a (not very fast) runner, and while I’m not overweight, I’m not skin-and-bones either. I love good food and wine! Like many women, I’m self-conscious about my butt, even though Trey is constantly telling me how much he likes it. I guess I would describe my figure as “slender with some curves.”

What is people’s first impression of you?
People have told me that when they met me, they thought I was smart, intense, and funny. Rich told me that I seemed very self-sufficient. Little did he know!

How do people who know you well describe you?
I’m often told that I’m “Type A.” It’s true that I have a hard time relaxing, and I’m (secretly) very competitive. I spend a lot of time in my head, and sometimes I overthink situations. That’s pretty typical for someone who grew up with her nose always in a book, I guess. When I’m with Rich, though, I can stop thinking, and that’s very seductive to me. I don’t quite understand it.

Whether it’s a relationship or an article I’m writing, I’m very persistent, which sometimes drives my boss—and Trey—crazy!

What do you do for a living?
I work for a prominent San Francisco “media group” that owns a bunch of websites and a dying print magazine. They hired me from my soon-to-be obsolete reporter job to be a “content creator,” which is today’s fancy word for a “writer who also thinks up topics for articles.”

And can I just say how much I’m enjoying being on the other side of an interview? Usually I’m the one asking questions!

What’s your favorite drink?
That would be a tie between red Zinfandel and single malt scotch whiskey, which isn’t very feminine, but I don’t care.

Do you see morality as black-and-white, or with shades of gray?
As a journalist, I’ve seen all kinds of human behavior. There are some absolutes when it comes to morality, but more often, there are definitely shades of gray, especially when it comes to relationships.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Oh, I wish I were a morning person, but I have to admit that I’m a night owl, especially when I’m reading a good book.

What kinds of things do you always carry (in pockets or purse)?
I always carry some cash, a brush, and lipstick or lip balm, because my lips always seem to be chapped. And pens—I’m a journalist, so I always make sure I have something to write with.

Are you close to family?
No. My mother died many years ago. I talk to my father every once in a while. I love him, but we’re not close.

What is your most prized possession?
A first edition of Anna Quindlen’s novel One True Thing. Her writing and journalism is superb.

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
Insecurity: about my looks, my abilities, you name it. I work really hard to hide it. I never feel like I’m quite good enough.

Name three things that tick you off.
People who talk too much and don’t listen. Rudeness. And unmerited arrogance. I see way too much of all three in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.  

What was your first impression of your love interest?
Ha! In my case, it’s love interests, plural. When I first met Trey four years ago, I thought he was a gorgeous but dumb jock, but he dispelled that impression within 30 seconds with his wit, intelligence and caring. And Rich…He’s one of the most beautiful men I’ve ever seen. Sapphire-blue eyes; dark, almost black hair swept back from his forehead; cheekbones that could cut ice. I was shy with him at first, as I usually am with extremely handsome men but then I stared to relax. He got me laughing with his bone-dry sense of humor.

What would make you completely happy?
If Trey and Rich and I could make our unconventional relationship work. I can’t see my life without either of them.


“Three Days” is available through:

UNBOUND - Read the first chapter of Three Days free on Unbound
AMAZON FRANCE (in French)

ENGLISH LANGUAGE:
The English-language print and e-book rights to Three Days are still available. Please contact Holly Schmidt or Linda Biagi for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment