Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Meet The Characters – An interview with Jared Pierce from, “Forbidden Distraction” by Siera London

Book Blurb
Sex therapist, Dr. Vivianne Sloan needs a sexual analysis of her own. She can’t relax under a man’s touch, except for that one weekend with Jared. He’s the only man that has ever lit her fire, but he’s strictly off limits.

Obstetrician Gynecologist, Jared Pierce, knows Vivianne is the one temptation he can’t live without. A man of patience, he’s been waiting for her to accept that there’s no escape from the feelings building between them.  He wants to teach her everything he knows about the art of lovemaking, but he’s her boss and the woman plays by the rules.

When Vivianne decides to leave the practice and him behind, Jared is driven to give the repressed beauty a dose of passion so potent she’s incapable of ignoring the attraction between them. What happens when these two forbidden lovers decide to break the rules?


Today we’re talking to Jared Pierce, from “Forbidden Distraction: Book 1 in the Forbidden Series” a Contemporary Romance by Siera London. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m the medical director at Shell Cove Women’s Health Center. I’ve always known I’d be a doctor, maybe not an OB/GYN, but medical school was a foregone conclusion. I love what I do. Caring for women and babies is the best of both worlds. The challenge of a leadership position is an added bonus. The travel schedule is brutal and my mom complains she doesn’t see me enough. She’s the best woman I know; she’d love Vivianne.

What is your best memory?
The day I met Vivianne Sloan, a young, doctoral student attending her first medical conference. Her smile was radiant, and her conversation refreshing. I felt like a king meeting his queen for the first time. Vivi is smart, sexy, and she can hold her own in a room filled with self-important men. She’s the beauty to my beast.

How old are you? 
37. You can lose the condemning glare. I’m not too old for her.

What do you want most out of life?
Commitment and a family. I hope to have a few kids before I’m too old to appreciate junior varsity basketball, Sunday night homework, and my daughter’s prom.

Which memory would you most like to forget?
After our weekend together, Vivianne vanished on me. It took me weeks to find her. The hunt was intentional on her part. Not the best start to the world wind affair I envisioned for us.

 Who has the power to hurt you and why?
Once upon a time, my father was the center of my world. I wanted to be just like him until I learned of his infidelity. I never wanted to be that vulnerable to another person until…I try not to think about how vulnerable I am to a slip of a woman.  

 What’s your biggest fear?
My father assumed all the women he had affairs with meant he was irresistible. I saw the truth of the matter. Besides my mother, none of those women cared about him enough to stick around for a lifetime. Vivi wants forever, she has to…I’ll show her what it will be like for us.

What’s your favorite song?
You by Sean Young. That line, the bluest sky don’t seem so blue, gets me every time. That’s off the record, right?

What’s your favorite book?
Does the Karma Sutra count? 

Name three things that tick you off.
Being the last to know, deception, and losing…at anything. So you know what Vivianne is trying to do pisses me off.

If you had a free day with no responsibilities what would you do?
 I’d use every second to teach Dr. Vivianne Sloan that NOTHING is forbidden between us.




“Forbidden Distraction” as part of the Sultry Nights Romance Collection is available for pre-order through:

PRONOUN (all currently available buy links)



1 comment: