Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Grace Stollery from “Grace’s Turmoil” by Peter Perrin


Divorced and emotionally damaged, artist Grace Stollery wants nothing more than to spend her semi-retirement painting and let time heal her emotional scars.

But when dashing widower Alfred Nobel moves into her retirement village he turns her life upside down and her heart inside out by awakening feelings she wants to keep dormant.

Alfred quickly sets out to woo Grace and slowly she warms to him. But the village’s resident femme fatale wants him for herself. Will she succeed in driving a wedge between Alfred and Grace?


Today we’re talking to Grace Stollery from “Grace's Turmoil,” a Contemporary Romance featuring mature lovers by Peter Perrin. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What is your name, and how old are you?
I’m Grace Stollery. I’m sixty-eight-years-young.

How would you describe your physical characteristics?
Petite, as I’m only 5 feet 2 inches tall. But although my figure is slender it’s quite firm. My skin is creamy looking with just a sprinkling of freckles. And I have big brown eyes and shoulder-length dark brown hair.

What do you think is your best feature?
My figure and my bone structure are good. But my legs seem to get the most compliments.

Where were you born?
I was born in England, in a town called Romford. Back then it was part of the county of Essex, but it has grown so much it is now seen as part of East London.

Are you married?
Ouch! I wish you hadn’t asked me that. I was married for some fourteen years, but that ended in a painful divorce.

What friends do you have?
When I was an internationally renowned artist I had many friends, or so I thought. But now that career is behind me I never hear from any of them. So, I guess they weren’t much in the way of friends after all.

Nowadays, I only have a couple of close friends, Vera and Emily, who both live in my retirement village.

How are your relationships with men, generally?
Men have always been attracted to me, and I’ve enjoyed their company. But, I’m a Pisces and my emotions are my biggest weakness. I wear my heart on my sleeve and live on cloud nine when my love life is going well. However, when it turns sour I don’t cope well.

How would you describe your dress style?
In my youth I was a Mod, so their love of smart fashion influenced me. I love to wear flamboyant clothes in bright and bold colours and am especially fond of Mary Quant outfits. And, when I’m in the mood, I like to wear brightly coloured kaftans.

What are your favourite pastimes?
Mostly listening to nostalgic music. The Who, The Kinks, The Small Faces, and The Birds as they remind me of my days as a Mod in the 60s. Plus I love anything by Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, or Chuck Berry. Also, I read a little, mostly sloppy romances.

How would you describe your personality?
Complex. I’m gregarious and sociable, but introverted and prone to depression.

Will readers like or dislike your character?
Oh, I do hope they like me. But, I’m afraid they might think I’m a bitch because of the way I treat Alfred.

“Grace’s Turmoil” is available through:


Connect with Peter Perrin


2 comments:

  1. Great interview. Love how her legs get the most compliments.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her last line. LOL Tweeted this. :)

    ReplyDelete