Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Eric Outerbach from “The Mighty Finn” by Holly Bargo

Boy meets girl.

Author Charlotte Forsythe is determined not to be a victim again. Her Great Dane, Finn, makes sure of it. While vacationing with Finn in San Diego, Charlotte meets Navy SEAL, Eric Outerbach. It doesn’t go well. Eric begs forgiveness.

Boy and girl become friends.

They make a long distance friendship work through texts and phone calls. The film rights to two of Charlotte’s books are sold and she heads back out to California to supervise the conversion of written content to the silver screen. And the friendship's not so long distance after all.

Boy and girl fall in love.

How could she not fall in love with a handsome, sexy warrior like Eric? How could he not love a woman as gentle and forgiving as Charlotte?

A guardian’s duty ends.

Finn is mighty, but old. It’s time to pass on the duties of love and protection to someone else.


Today we’re talking to Eric from “The Mighty Finn,” a Contemporary Military Romance by Holly Bargo. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

How old are you?
I’m 39 years old, old for a Navy SEAL.

What is people’s first impression of you?
Big, fit, maybe dangerous.

What are you most afraid of?
Letting my team down. That happened once with disastrous results and one of my team members died. It happened shortly before I met Charlotte.

What was your first impression of Charlotte?
Not good. I was depressed, having recently lost one of my teammates. I saw this pretty woman playing on the beach with her big-ass dog and their joy just struck me wrong, you know? Anyway, the dog crashed into me jumping after a Frisbee and I lost my temper. It went downhill from there.

Are you close to family?
My team is my family and we’re as close as brothers can get. We’d do absolutely anything for each other, no questions asked, no hesitation.

Do you care about what others assume about you?
I care what my team members and Charlotte think of me. And my CO. Hey, I’m a SEAL, confidence goes with the territory.

If you could make any one thing happen, what would it be?
If I could have healed Finn, I would have done that. Chill gave his life for his country, something we all knew might happen. But Finn… damn… that dog was Charlotte’s lifeline. He saved her when I didn’t even know her, when I wasn’t there for her.

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
That another nut job will hurt Charlotte again and I won’t be able to protect her. It happened once, and she still bears the scars, terrible scars that make even me cringe.

Now on to something lighter, what is your favorite drink?
Beer. Hands down, nothing beats a cold beer on a hot day.

What is your favorite food?
I’ve been in the military since I was 18 years old, so anything that falls under “home-cooked” is my favorite food. I’ve got to admit that my buddy Tornado’s wife is an absolutely fabulous cook and Charlotte’s pretty good, too—just don’t tell her that Maria Teresa is better.

What is your favorite song?
Anything Charlotte doesn’t sing. I love that woman to death, but she couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket. Even Finn cringed when she sang.

Describe a typical Friday night.
Before I married Charlotte, a typical Friday evening was spent playing cards with my buddies, drinking some beer, and maybe—if we were lucky—eating Maria Teresa’s cooking.

What kinds of things do you always carry in pockets?
A pocket knife and cash.

If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
Spend the day with Charlotte. It wouldn’t even have to be in bed, although that’s a damned good option. Just holding her hand and knowing she trusts me is enough.

“The Mighty Finn” is available through:




No comments:

Post a Comment