Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Grant Mitchell from “Bear’s Edge” by Christina Lynn Lambert

After sexy bear shifter Grant lost his girlfriend and three best friends in a fire, he decided he was done with love, done with people, done with pretty much everything. One woman has him rethinking his whole strategy.

As his boss, Shayla is off-limits, so Grant keeps his feelings for her under wraps until...the attraction doesn't seem so one-sided. Grant takes a risk and lays a piece of his heart on the line. When things get hotter than he could have imagined, Grant wonders--will some of his darker desires be too much for Shayla or will she embrace the needs he's kept hidden for so long?

A reporter who covered the bombing Shayla survived three years before is convinced the only reason Shayla survived is because she's some type of bionic medical experiment or superhuman freak. When the reporter ropes Shayla's angry ex, Hunter into the mix, Shayla's business and her life are on the line. Can she and Grant trust in each other and find a way to slay all the obstacles that stand in their way?

Today we’re talking to Grant Mitchell from “Bear's Edge (Stranger Creatures book 2),” a Paranormal Romance by Christina Lynn Lambert. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What was your childhood like?
My dad wasn’t around so it was just me and my mom though she wasn’t really around much. When she was, she was usually drunk or worse. I tried to fix things around the house because our landlord was skeevy and cheap. Money was tight so I paid whatever bills I could whenever I had (sometimes stole) enough cash.

What did you want to be when you grew up–and what did you end up becoming?
I didn’t think much about the future when I was a kid. I was just trying to survive, day to day. My talent at math helped me earn a scholarship. After college, I put my math skills to good use and went into financial management. Numbers make more sense to me than people sometimes.

What makes you laugh?
My sense of humor is kind of warped. I laugh at things I shouldn’t and love a good, dirty joke.

Are you a dog or a cat person?
Either really. But not fish. I don’t remember to feed them.

Are you a leader or a follower?
A leader, but I know when to shut up and listen too. I try not to act like a caveman or mansplain things.

Any fears in life or are you as tough as you look?
I can’t stand the thought of losing anybody I care about. When I found myself falling for my boss, Shayla, I fought it hard because I didn’t know whether I could put myself back together again if something happened to her.

Do you like to cook?
Not particularly but I like to eat regularly so….

Tell me your best day and your worst day.
The day that changed my life, and that probably kept me from becoming a criminal out of necessity was the day I met my three best friends, I was fifteen years old, beaten and bloody. They barely knew me but they got me cleaned up and never once judged me harshly. It was through my friends that I met my girlfriend Maya. I was going to ask her to marry me.

The worst day of my life was the day I lost all of them in a fire was also the day I became a bear shifter. I was saved from death when all I had wanted at the time was to die. I thought everything good in my life had ended that day and that the rest of my life would just be sadness and misery. Eventually the sadness didn’t overwhelm me and the memories of the people I lost didn’t cut so deep, but the fear of getting close to someone and then losing them caused me to keep my distance from everyone around me.

What’s it like being a bear shifter?
In the beginning, I hated it and the bear. Acceptance took a while, but shifting form to run as a bear is kind of amazing. The bear, yeah, having his voice in my head is weird. I don’t even know how to describe him. Maybe that he’s my brother from a non-human mother. He can be obnoxious and nosy, though he’s told me more than once I’m stubborn and don’t pay attention to what’s right in front of me.

Where is your favorite place and why?
I prefer being outside. The quiet and peace of being outdoors appeases the bear shifter side of me, plus, I don’t care for big crowds. Honestly, anywhere Shayla and I are together is my favorite place, even if we’re just walking around the hardware store or waiting in line at the pharmacy dealing with a snarky hipster clerk.

“Bear’s Edge” is available through:



No comments:

Post a Comment