Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Trent Parker from “Risking Her Heart” by Laura Haley-McNeil

Hollywood producer Trent Parker has one goal – to own the film option for the breakout novel Sunset in Maui. His problem? Actress turned producer Charisse Whitloch. She’ll do anything to produce the film. Trent can stop her, but not without getting close to her, a bond he can’t risk.

Charisse has found the film project that will prove she’s her own woman – not her father’s daughter. One person stands in her way – Trent Parker. She’s faced opposition before, but she isn’t prepared for Trent. Her charisma has softened Hollywood’s hardest hearts, but is she a match for Trent’s heart of stone?

Trent’s defenses against Charisse crumble - loving her will heal the darkness in his soul and open the door to a secret he buried long ago. When Charisse is threatened, she and Trent face her adversaries. They piece together a plot more sinister than any Hollywood movie, but the key to their survival lies in Trent’s past – the key that will lead to Trent’s destruction.


Today we’re talking to Trent Parker from “Risking Her Heart: Crystal Creek Series #5,” a Romantic Suspense by Laura Haley-McNeil. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What is your relationship status?
I’m completely unattached, which is the way I like it. Relationships complicate things, and I don’t like complications. I’m a simple man. Most people would tell you otherwise, but I’m not most people.

What is people’s first impression of you?
They would say I’m cool and aloof, and they would be right. Getting close to someone isn’t something I can afford. I have my work, and that’s all I need. I stay busy. Some say I’m a workaholic, but they would be wrong. I don’t work because I want to make money. I work because I need to forget.

Name three of your favorite things.
Peace, quiet, serenity. How can I say these are my favorite things? These are the things I long for. These are things that evade me. The last time I felt peace was when my mother was still living, though I can barely remember that. I was young when she died. Then my father remarried. I never knew peace after that.

What is your best memory to date?
It was the day Charisse took me riding on her stepmother’s ranch. I’d never seen anything more beautiful than Crystal Creek. Now that place was serene. We had gone to scout a location for my next film, but when she took me to Crystal Creek? I found serenity. And I found it again every time I looked into her brilliant blue eyes.

“Risking Her Heart” is available through:



2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your thoughts. Thanks for sharing such a nice interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun delving into the minds of the characters. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete