Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with FBI Agent Devyn Nash from “A Dose of Danger” by Kim McMahill


Today we’re talking to FBI Agent, Devyn Nash, from “A Dose of Danger (Book 1 in the Risky Research Series),” a Romantic Suspense by Kim McMahill. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

When researcher Grace Talbot and her team discover a possible solution for weight loss they are targeted by a group dedicated to controlling a diet product industry worth billions. Her unsanctioned testing methods bring tragedy to the family ranch and the attention of the local sheriff’s deputy. With her colleagues either dead, missing, or on the run she soon realizes she must trust the deputy with her life, but can she trust him with her heart?


What is your relationship status?
For the first time in my life I’m in a healthy relationship with a wonderful man. The main problem, though, is that he lives in another state so we don’t see each other all the time.

What is people’s first impression of you?
People see me as a no nonsense, hard-as-nails FBI agent. Most think I’m cold and unapproachable and few try to get close to me. That impression was so ingrained for so many years that I was starting to believe it, and then came Gage…

Name three of your favorite things.
Nothing can compare with the object of my affections, Wyoming Sheriff Gage Harris, but I also love raw chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate and peanut butter ice cream straight out of the carton.

Name three things that tick you off.
I have little tolerance for bullies, hypocrites, and weasels of the humankind.

What are you most afraid of?
I’m most afraid of failing. In my line of work, when I fail people die.

Are you close to family?
I was an only child, so I didn’t have much family to start with. I was very close to my parents. When your dad is in the military and you live all over the world it’s helpful if your mom is your best friend. Unfortunately, my parents died in a boating accident, at least that’s what the authorities called it, shortly after I graduated from high school.

Do you care about what others assume about you?
I never cared about what others assumed about me until recently. As I mentioned earlier, I’m pretty infatuated with a handsome and rugged lawman, and I finally have a girlfriend in my life for the first time since college, so I’m definitely trying to be a better person.

What kinds of things do you always carry in your purse?
I don’t carry a purse since I need to keep my hands free in case I have to reach for my gun. I go through life pretty lean. My badge is usually clipped to my belt and I have a phone in one pocket and a little cash stashed in another.

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
Until my current partner, Nick Melonis, I went through a new partner about every six months. I was starting to take it pretty personally, and I couldn’t help but doubt myself. Was I that hard to be around? I still worry that my new man and best friend will leave me like everyone else in my life, but the longer they stick, the more my confidence grows.

What would make you completely happy?
First, I have to bring to justice a deadly group who has been manipulating the diet product industry for profit at the expense of many lost lives. Once that’s done, if I could spend the rest of my life with Gage Harris, I would die a happy woman.


“A Dose of Danger” is available through:


Connect with Kim McMahill


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me on your awesome blog. I hope everyone enjoyed getting to know Devyn. You'll meet her in A Dose of Danger and her role continues to grow throughout the series.

    ReplyDelete