Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Elizabeth Blyneton from “Wickedly Used” by Kryssie Fortune


While he is no stranger to pleasurable company from ladies of the night, Major Richard Rothbury of the royal dragoons is not the kind of man who will stand idly by as a woman is taken against her will, and when he witnesses a disreputable cad attempting to force himself on a girl in a back alley, he does not hesitate to intervene.

But after the grateful young woman offers herself to Rothbury, he is shocked to discover that not only was she no harlot, she was a maiden and he has deflowered her. Furious at the girl’s scandalous behavior and her carelessness with her own safety, Rothbury chastises her soundly.

Though she is due to inherit one of the largest fortunes in England, the fact that she cannot touch the money until she marries or turns thirty has kept Elizabeth completely at the mercy of her cruel uncle, and for years she has been treated as if she were a servant. Her encounter with Lord Rothbury is by far the most exciting thing that has ever happened to her, but while he shows great concern for her safety, he refuses to believe that she is anything more than a serving girl.

Despite having made it clear that he doesn’t consider a match between them to be possible, when Elizabeth disobeys him Rothbury proves more than ready to strip her bare, punish her harshly, and then enjoy her beautiful body in the most shameful of ways. But can she dare to hope that he will one day make her his wife, or is she destined to spend her life being wickedly used?

Publisher’s Note: Wickedly Used: A Dark Regency Romance includes spankings and sexual scenes. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.


Today we’re talking to Elizabeth Blyneton from “Wickedly Used: A Dark Regency Romance,” by Kryssie Fortune. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.


What impression do you make on people when they first meet you?
I think I’m invisible. My family refuse to let me enter society despite me almost being on the shelf. My uncle, who is also my guardian, only ever lets me wear grey. I look washed out and shabby despite being one of England’s richest heiresses.

How about after they've known you for a while?
The only people I interact with are the servants. That won’t change until I turn thirty and my money is mine to do what I want with. Meanwhile, I either live in shadows and marry my cousin Frederick. He stinks of hounds and gapes like a dead fish.

What is your profession?
I don’t have a profession, but I’m passionate about my hobby. I’m a herbalist, you see. Before my other died, we studied flowers, herbs, and their uses. The only place I find any solace is in the stillroom.

Describe your ideal mate
Anyone but Cousin Frederick. There was this dragoon that I met. I’ve never seen anyone so tall or with such cold eyes, but his smile brought him to life. We escaped together for a few moments at Vauxhall Gardens. He’s my hero, but I never expect to see him again, more’s the pity.

Your thoughts on love?
It’s for other people, not me. Mamma and Papa loved me, but my uncle and cousins only want my fortune. If I can’t meet people, how can I fall in love? That dragoon had possibilities, though.

Your greatest extravagance?
I was supposed to make my coming-out at sixteen. I had shoes with diamond heels, fashionable gowns, and even a full court dress. Once I lost my parents, I didn’t care about any of that. Now, I’d give anything for one colorful scarf or a sprig-muslin gown.

Is there anything you havent done that you want to do?
Please don’t be shocked. I know that by the time I turn thirty I’ll be on the shelf. Only fortune hunters will want me then. I’d like to lose my virginity to someone who cares. Someone like my dragoon.

What quality do you like most in a man?
Honesty. My dragoon, Lord Rothbury, told me straight out that we couldn’t have a future. I didn’t like it, but it was better to know from the start. Maybe I should have told him I’m an heiress and begged him to marry me. Only Uncle Augustus has the legal right to have the marriage annulled. I’d be ruined, and Rothbury might get into trouble with the military authorities. Did I tell you he’s on Wellesly’s staff? He’s off to Brussels, and I just know trouble’s brewing.

What trait do you most despise?
Greed. My uncle and cousins are draining cash from the family estate without any thought of my tenants. I can’t stop them until I inherit, and that’s not for another seven years. It will be hard to put the heart back into my land after they’ve drained it. That said, I mean to do right by my people. Seven years feels like forever, though.

What are you most afraid of?
Dying a virgin. I want to feel wild passion and love. I know Ladies are supposed to be shy and stuff, but I dream about finding the right man to love. If my dragoon had wanted more, I could have fallen for him. When he suggested we find somewhere quiet and… Well, my behavior was shocking, but for once I enjoyed myself. Please don’t tell anyone.

What would you consider your perfect night out?
I’d love to wear an elegant gown and attend Vauxhall Gardens as myself, not pretend to be my cousin’s poor relation and chaperone.

What was your first thought or impression when you met the person you fell in love with?
That he was the tallest man I’ve ever seen. He’s protective too. If not for him, I dread to think what would have happened when I accidentally interrupted Lord Dawlish and his whore. Rothbury stepped in and saved me. How can I not love him after that?

What would you change about the person you fell in love with?
I never believed in love at first sight until I spotted my dragoon. I barely know him, but he makes my heart beat like drum. I wouldn’t change anything about him, but I’d like for him to see me as I am, not the colorless person my uncle’s made me.

What would you change about yourself?
I’d have pretty clothes in rainbow colors. In an ideal world, I’d be fierce and strong, the sort of woman who could stand up to a blackguard like my uncle. I know they are pipedreams, but for the next seven years, dreams are all I have.

“Wickedly Used” is available through:


Connect with Kryssie Fortune


No comments:

Post a Comment