Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Josh Kincaid from “My Texas Heart” by Bonnie Phelps


5 Stars: This author has a way of painting beautiful word pictures and creating realistic, endearing characters. You won’t be disappointed with her work. Amazon Reviewer

Divorced from one woman who put her career ahead of everything – including their young son, Chad – Josh Kincaid isn’t about to make that same mistake twice. If he ever falls in love again, it’s going to be with a woman who puts family first. Chad is the most important thing in Josh’s life and he’ll do whatever it takes to be an active part of his life. But his ex has other plans and painfully shy Josh has to step up and fight for his son.

Feisty and driven, Fiona Reilly has plans. She left home to break away from the expectations that she marry and stay home to raise a passel of children. Nothing wrong with that life – it’s just not for her. Instead, she’s going to make something of herself and build a business to be reckoned with. In no hurry to fall in love, Josh and his adorable son capture her heart, forcing her to choose between her dreams and building the home she didn’t know she wanted.

Love has a way of messing up even the best of intentions…


Today I’m talking to Josh Kincaid from “My Texas Heart: The Texas Kincaids Book 3,” my just released Contemporary Romance. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

How old are you?
27

What is your relationship status?
Nearing the end of my divorce proceedings. Divorce in Texas isn't quick and since my wife and I haven't agreed on custody arrangements for our son, Chad, it's taken a year to finalize. Cindy, my soon-to-be-ex, wants to remarry and move to California. That part’s fine but taking Chad with her isn't.

What is people’s first impression of you?
Most people don't even see me. I'm shy. Have been my entire life and tend to fade into the background.

Name three of your favorite things.
Riding my motorcycle - makes people look at me like I'm mysterious and maybe a little dangerous. Creating an awesome piece of computer code. Playing catch with my son in the backyard.

Name three things that tick you off.
People who make fun of people who are different. I'm a computer security analyst so people who try to hack in and steal from our clients. My ex-wife and her new husband.

What is your best memory to date?
The day my son was born. I helped create this little human being. It made me realize I'm part of the human chain. I'm part of the past and the future and not an island.

What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
He found his strength and his voice. He's someone.

What was your first impression of Fiona?
Fiona was everything I secretly wanted to be... outgoing and friendly. Confident. Full of life and joy. She sparkles when she walks into a room.

If we could only hear your voice (but not see you) what characteristic would identify you?
If I'm nervous, then my stutter. Otherwise my natural hesitancy when talking to someone I don't know.

Are you close to family?
Yes and no. I love them and would do anything for them. I know they have my back as well but I don't think they've ever understood me.

If you could make any one thing happen, what would it be?
Get custody of my son. I want him to have a relationship with his mom - if she wants one - every child should know their parents love them but I want to get him out of that toxic environment.

What kinds of things do you always carry in your pockets?
The usual - wallet, keys, cell phone, but I also carry a USB drive and this thing that opens like a Swiss Army Knife but it's a miniature tool kit.

What inner doubt causes you the most difficulty?
Fiona made me realize that I never believed in myself. Growing up I saw myself as the square peg trying to fit in a round hole. My brothers are outdoorsy and loved the ranching life. They were good at sports. My oldest brother, Nate, played football in college and could have gone pro but chose to be a large animal veterinarian instead. My middle brother, Zack, is a national team roping champion on the rodeo circuit. Me? I was okay at sports but preferred to spend my time tinkering with computers or playing video games. I always felt like I was too different to be loved and truly accepted.

What would make you completely happy?
Marry Fiona, and along with Chad, build a future and family together.

If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
Hop on my Indian Scout Motorcycle - preferably with Fiona wrapped around me - and tear along the Devil's Backbone. Leaning into the curves, the wind whipping in my face, complete freedom.


“My Texas Heart” is available through:
FREE on Kindle Unlimited

Connect with Bonnie Phelps


No comments:

Post a Comment