Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Meet the Characters – An Interview with Pietas from “Bringer of Chaos” by Kayelle Allen


Today we’re talking to Pietas from “Bringer of Chaos: Forged in Fire (Marooned on a Barren World),” a SciFi with a bit of Romance by Kayelle Allen. Let’s get started. I’m sure our readers are eager to learn more about you.

Bringer of Chaos: Forged in Fire

When the immortal Pietas is marooned on a barren world with no food and few survival tools, he knows it could be worse. He could be alone. But that's the problem. He's not.

Half a million of his people sleep in cryostasis, trapped inside their pods and it's up to Pietas to free them. He can't release one at a time. It's all or nothing. He's facing over five hundred thousand hungry, thirsty, homeless immortals who will call on him for rescue and he has no way to answer.

It's not all bad. The beautiful telepathic warrior he's loved for lifetimes is at his side. He's bonded with a sentient panther. He hates humans but the one dumped on this planet with him has become a trusted friend.

Before Pietas can build shelter, figure out how to grow food, or set up a government, he must take back command from a ruthless enemy he's fought for centuries. His brutal, merciless father.
Immortals may heal, but a wound of the heart lasts forever...


Pietas, how old are you?
In the Bringer of Chaos series, I'm still fairly young. Not quite two thousand. I was born in 2620 (Terran dating) and the story unfolds in 4536.

What is your relationship status?
I pair with Joss Avaton, my best friend and mentor in weaponry. The woman is a genius weapons designer. Imagine "dating" a woman who's a master telepath and a weapons designer. That could be dangerous, no? Fortunately, she's also even tempered and has a sweet spirit. And she loves me.

When you look in the mirror, what do you see?
This again... Very well, I suppose you mean what I look like. Tall (seven Terran feet), long, straight white-blond hair, blue eyes, fair. Like most of the scientist class, I have a slender frame. But I was enhanced with warrior class strength. I have an ant's strength and a bulldog's tenacity. I can pick up more than I weigh, and have agility and speed.

What is people's first impression of you?
That I'm arrogant and a narcissist. That's fine. I dislike drama. Plus, you can't miss friends you never have.

What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
I'm immortal. "Vacant."

Now on to something lighter, what is your favorite drink?
Ultras are unaffected by alcohol, so we drink to share time with friends. What else... I fill my cup with sugar and stir in a little coffee. Not a tea drinker, though I like it better than coffee. Hmm. I am fond of chocolate milk.

What is your favorite food?
My father used to ask that, but only to deprive me of it as punishment. I'll tell you what I told him. Porridge. Cold and congealing in the bowl.

What is your favorite song?
Forged in Fire. It's a warrior's chant, sung slowly in a minor key, often after a battle. It's in bonus content at the end of Bringer of Chaos: Forged in Fire.
Cast out upon a barren world, all hope of home forsaken now.
The rage of war has here begun. The vanquished cry as victors rise.
An Ultra's life is borne in grief.

What is your most prized possession?
A metal canteen-style cup given to me by Six. He offered me water and after I drank, told me he wanted me to keep that cup when he was gone. He said every time I drank from it I should remember not all humans were my enemy.

If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
Spend the first half of it wondering that very question. I am not given to idleness. A king cannot rule an immortal race by practicing sloth. I understand the value of downtime, but I find it impossible to tolerate. Although I would trade almost anything for a chance to go fishing with Six, kick back on the bank of a slow river and point out to each other what shapes the clouds are making. No matter what I chose to do, I'd accomplish it with my panther, Tiklaus. The cat and I have a strong emotional and telepathic bond. Seeing the world through that panther's eyes has opened an entirely different universe.

“Bringer of Chaos” is available through:


Connect with Kayelle Allen


Giveaway for everyone

Here is a free adult coloring book to download and print, based on Pietas. If you like dragons, you will love this. It contains both purchased and licensed images and original art. Feel free to share the link with friends. http://bit.ly/color-pietas

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie thank you for sharing my immortal king!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a mere glimps into Pietas's life. The books take the reader on an emotional and fun ride.

      Delete
    2. I appreciate that, Lisa. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great interview and so nice to hear answers from Pietas in his own words. Some insight into an inscrutable immortal. Well worth meeting, if you're not a human he distrusts.

    ReplyDelete